1996-97 ANNUAL REPORT
Thomas A. Holland
The Editorial Office was staffed by Thomas Holland and Thomas Urban. During the course of the year we were helped by two assistants, Irv Diamond and Kamyar Abdi. Irv provided assistance on three projects: Irv assisted in the production of the Selected Writings of Hans Gustav Güterbock (AS 26), he prepared a partial list of the abbreviations used in the P volume of the Chicago Hittite Dictionary with the use of a scanner, and he scanned William Murnane's Ancient Egyptian Coregencies (SAOC 40) in preparation for reprinting. Speaking of reprinting, nine volumes of the Chicago Assyrian Dictionary and Ritner's Ancient Egyptian Magical Practice (SAOC 54) have sold out and need to be reprinted. Kamyar helped with the production of Chogha Mish (OIP 101).
The Sales Office was ably manned by Christopher Kahrl, who also assisted with the production of the Chogha Mish volumes.
- Chogha Mish I: The First Five Seasons of Excavations 1961-1971 (Text and Plates). P. P. Delougaz and H. J. Kantor (A. Alizadeh, ed.). OIP 101.
- The Oriental Institute Hawara Papyri: Demotic and Greek Texts from an Egyptian Family Archive in the Fayum (Fourth to Third Century B.C.). G. R. Hughes and R. Jasnow. OIP 113.
- Perspectives on Hittite Civilization: Selected Writings of Hans Gustav Güterbock. H. A. Hoffner, Jr. and I. L. Diamond, eds. AS 26.
Volumes in Preparation
- The Presentation of Maat: Ritual and Legitimacy in Ancient Egypt. E. Teeter. SAOC 57.
- The Hittite Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago. Volume P, fascicle 3 (pattar to putkiya-). H. G. Güterbock and H. A. Hoffner, Jr., eds.
- Drehem Administrative Documents from the Reign of Shulgi. Cuneiform Texts from the Ur III Period in the Oriental Institute, Volume. 1. M. Hilgert. OIP 115.
Manuscripts Accepted for Publication
- A Byzantine Gold-Mining Town: The Bir Umm Fawakhir Survey Project 1993. C. Meyer, L. Heidorn, W. Kaegi, and T. Wilfong.
- Seal Impressions on the Persepolis Fortification Tablets: Part I, Images of Heroic Encounter. M. B. Garrison and M. C. Root
- Gold of Praise: Studies in Ancient Egypt in Honor of Edward F. Wente. E. Teeter and J. Larson, eds.
- Reliefs and Inscriptions at Luxor Temple, Volume 2: The Facade, Portals, Upper Register Scenes, Columns, Marginalia, and Statuary in the Colonnade Hall. The Epigraphic Survey.
Revised: February 7, 2007