The James Henry Breasted Society is a special category of membership formed to provide an annual renewable source of unrestricted funds for the most pressing research projects of the Oriental Institute.
$1,000 Patron / $2,500 Director’s Circle
Explore the Institute with two membership card and access for four people to special member events, classes, lectures and Institute programs.
- Invitations to opening events year-round
- Library privileges in the Research Archives
- Private Gallery Talks
- Informal dinners and tours with Institute Faculty
- Invitations to evening receptions and private viewings of select exhibitions
- Use of the Oriental Institute for private functions
- Up to 20% off on education classes, family programs, lectures and programs
- 10% off in the Institute gift shop, the Suq, plus seasonal double or triple discounts
- 20% off on the Journal of Near Eastern Studies
- Free Audio Tour rental
- Members only emails with advance notice of exhibitions, programs, events and special offers
- News & Notes, quarterly membership magazine
- The Annual Report, a comprehensive review of all projects and departments at the Oriental Institute
- Receive reciprocal benefits at select regional museums through the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) and Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM)
- One (1) Complimentary Oriental Institute special exhibit catalog publication a year
In addition to receiving these benefits, you will be supporting all of the work done at the Oriental Institute.
Special Interest Groups
Designed to bring enthusiasts together, special interest groups offer additional benefits for all members.
Will your company match your membership contribution? Contact us to find out how to double your support.