- bibliography and image source:
Martin, Harriet: (unpublished; courtesy British School of Archaeology in Iraq).
- copyright for image:
British School of Archaeology in Iraq
• museum number: IM80620|
• excavation number: AbS1232
• provenience: Abu Salabikh
• dimension(s) (in cm):
height: 3.05; diam.: 2.2
• material: soft white stone
• date: -
The seal is complete except for some surface wear with a deeply incised design. The design, from left to right shows: a scorpion (standing on its head), a lion (tail between legs, head in profile, passant), a crescent with three dots above it, a caprid
(passant, tail erect, head in profile).
• status: feared to be stolen