The Dead Sea Scrolls
San Diego Natural History Museum; San Diego, CA
October 19–21, 2007
This October, take a weekend journey to the one of a kind exhibit of The Dead Sea Scrolls. The San Diego Natural History Museum will bring together some of the most spectacular and never before seen of these ancient documents to take visitors on a journey back in time to Ancient Israel.
Dr. Norman Golb, author of the seminal Who Wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls? and Professor of Jewish History & Civilization at the Oriental Institute, is one of the world’s preeminent scholars on these ancient documents, and will guide our journey to examine these texts in the context and culture of antiquity.
Following independent arrival in San Diego on Friday afternoon, meet at the hotel to join your fellow travelers for a welcome dinner at the renowned Bandar Persian Restaurant in downtown San Diego. On Saturday, we will journey to Balboa Park, San Diego’s cultural center, to visit the Museum of Natural History. The morning will leave you to explore the museum galleries alone until 11 am, when we will gather in the museum Boardroom for a presentation on Dead Sea Scroll research and theory by Professor Golb. After a rooftop lunch, we enter the Dead Sea Scroll exhibit, escorted by Professor Golb. Saturday evening is at your leisure; may we suggest Little Italy or the Gaslamp District? With so many things to see and do in San Diego, take Sunday to visit beaches, museums, or the world famous San Diego Zoo. Independent departure.
- Two nights in the San Diego DoubleTree Harborview Hotel, including Saturday and Sunday breakfasts
- Friday night all inclusive dinner at the renowned Bandar Persian restaurant
- All inclusive transportation to/ from Friday’s group dinner and Saturday’s museum visit
- Saturday Natural History Museum admissions and exhibition entrance fees, incl. audio tour and tour guide technologies
- Saturday all inclusive lunch at Natural History Museum
Tour Cost: $489 double occupancy; $559 single
Printable registration form
For more information, call the Membership Office at (773) 834-9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised: March 3, 2009