The James Henry Breasted Society is an exclusive membership level that attracts dedicated patrons and lifelong explorers. Breasted Society members gain unparalleled acces to OI faculty, collections, and field work. Whether at a private dinner in the director's office or in the field on an international tour, Breasted Society members examine the ancient world through unique oportunities alongside likeminded associates. Your Breasted Society membership contributes to an annual renewable source of unrestricted funds that are allocated to our most pressing research projects.
Breasted Society Members enjoy private access to faculty led programming, dinners and receptions, and life enriching international travel opportunities.
$1,000 Patron / $2,500 Director’s Circle / $5,000 Founder's Circle
Enjoy all the benefits of Associate Membership, as well as invitations to exclusive events (see below) and complimentary special exhibit catalog publications.
- Invitations to exclusive Breasted Society events year-round
- Access to Breasted Society Salon dinners with OI faculty and research staff
- International travel opportunities accompanied by OI scholars
- In-country travel oportunities
- Library privileges in the Research Archives
- Special pricing on OI Adult Education classes
- Free and discounted admission to all OI programs
- 10% off in the Institute gift shop, the Suq, plus seasonal double or triple discounts
- Free Audio Tour rentals
- One free exhibit catalog per membership year
- News & Notes, the OI's quarterly membership magazine
- The Annual Report, a comprehensive review of all projects and departments at the OI
- Reciprocal membership privileges at more than 650 museums nationwide through North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) and Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM)
In addition to receiving these benefits, you’ll be supporting all the work done at the Oriental Institute, both onsite and in the field.
Will your company match your membership contribution? Contact us to find out how to double your support.