SOLD OUT - The Ancient Land of Persia
October 13-28, 2016
Led by Gil Stein, Director of the Oriental Institute
Join us on an exploration of enigmatic Iran, once the seat of the mighty Persian Empire that grew up alongside the ancient Greek and Roman empires. Its monumental archaeological sites are some of the finest in the world, its architecture is infused with color and energy, and its people are unfailingly warm and engaging, adhering to a culture that prizes hospitality.
• Admire the UNESCO-listed Shushtar Hydraulic System, begun in the 5th century BC
• Visit Ahwaz, one of the oldest settlements in the world, encompassing the ruins of the Palace of Darius
• Explore the vast remains of ancient Persia at UNESCO-listed Persepolis, a wonder of the Ancient World
• Visit the Zoroastrian Fire Temple in Yazd, where the eternal flame has been burning since 470 BC
• Witness feats of strength during a visit to a zoorkhaneh, a traditional Persian gymnasium where men practice stylized physical and spiritual exercises
To book this trip, contact Anne Thorsteinson at MIR Corporation 855.691.7903 or email email@example.com.