The Wonders of Ancient Egypt 2017
March 11 – 26, 2017
Optional Extension to Alexandria March 26 - 30
Led by Lanny Bell, Associate Professor Emeritus of Egyptology, AB'63
Join us on an exclusive adventure through the history, archaeology, and culture of Egypt. Participants will enjoy private tours with Oriental Institute scholars, and get up close and personal with an ancient civilization.
- Tour the Pyramids of Giza, the last wonder of the ancient world
- Explore Old Cairo and the ruins of Memphis
- Go on a private "after-hours" tour of the Egyptian Museum
- Visit the Valley of the Kings and King Tutankhamun's tomb
- Spend an evening at Chicago House, home of the Oriental Institute's Epigraphic Survey
- Enjoy a leisurely cruise along the Nile while touring Luxor, Edfu, and Aswan
- Experience the temples of Abu Simbel, built in honor of Ramesses II and his wife, Nefertari
- Choose the optional 4-day extension to the wonderful port city of Alexandria
To book this trip, contact Archaeological Tours at 866.740.5130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.