Skip to main content
Skip to internal navigation
Individual Scholarship - Foy Scalf
- 2020. Co-authored with Robert K. Ritner. "Erotica from Roman Egypt: A Demotic Magical Spell to Induce Lovesickness." Oriental Institute News & Notes 246 (Summer 2020), 4–9.
- 2020. "'Where a Shattered Visage Lies.' Digital Restoration of Oriental Institute Books of the Dead." Oriental Institute News & Notes 244 (Winter 2020), 28–31, with contributions by Lucía Díaz-Iglesias Llanos and Mareike Wagner.
- 2019. Co-Authored with Robert K. Ritner. "Anubis, Archer Figures, and Demotic Magic." Göttinger Miszellen 259 (2019), 185–212.
- 2019. "A Kind of Paradise: The Research Archives of the OI." In Discovering New Pasts: The OI at 100, edited by Theo van den Hout, pp. 134–158. Chicago: Oriental Institute.
- 2019. Co-Authored with Anne Flannery. "Printing God's Words with the Devil's Infernal Machine: The Hieroglyphic Printing Font in the Oriental Institute." Oriental Institute News & Notes 242 (Summer 2019), 18–24.
- 2019. Co-Authored with Anne Flannery and Knut Boehmer. "Listening is Good for People: The Oriental Institute Oral History Project." Oriental Institute News & Note 240 (2019), 24–27.
- 2017. "An Embalmer's Bowl with Demotic Inscription (Oriental Institute Museum E9115)." In Essays for the Library of Seshat: Studies Presented to Janet H. Johnson on the Occasion of Her 70th Birthday, edited by Robert K. Ritner, pp. 311–323. Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilizations 70. Chicago: Oriental Institute.
- 2017. (Editor). Book of the Dead: Becoming God in Ancient Egypt. Oriental Institute Museum Publications 39. Chicago: Oriental Institute, 2017.
- 2017. "What is the Book of the Dead?" In Foy Scalf (ed.). Book of the Dead: Becoming God in Ancient Egypt. Oriental Institute Museum Publications 39. Chicago: Oriental Institute, 2017, 21-27.
- 2017. "Book of the Dead: Becoming God in Ancient Egypt." Oriental Institute News & Notes 235 (2017), 4–11.
- 2016. "Demotic and Hieratic Scholia in Funerary Papyir and their Implications for the Manufacturing Process." Journal of the Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities 42 (2015–2016), 69–82.
- 2016. Co-Authored with Anne Flannery. "Managing Our Past for the Future." Oriental Institute News & Notes 228: 10–13.
- 2016. “Magic.” In Edwin M. Yamauchi and Marvin R. Wilson (eds.). Dictionary of Daily Life in Biblical and Post-Biblical Antiquity. Volume III: I-N. Peabody: Hendrickson, 2016, 201–220.
- 2015. "From the Beginning to the End: How to Generate and Transmit Funerary Texts in Ancient Egypt." Journal of Ancient Near Eastern Religions 15: 202–223.
- 2015. "Resurrecting an Ibis Cult: A Collection of Demotic Votive Texts from the Oriental Institute Museum of the University of Chicago." In Mélanges offerts à Ola el-Aguizy, edited by Fayza Haikal, pp. 361–388. Bibliothèque d’Étude 164. Cairo: Institut Français d’Archéologie Orientale.
- 2014. Co-Authored with Jackie Jay. "Oriental Institute Demotic Ostraca Online (OIDOO): Mergin Text Publication and Research Tools." In Acts of the Tenth International Congress of Demotic Studies: Leuven, 26-30 August 2008, edited Mark Depauw and Yanne Broux, pp. 243-261. Orientalia Lovaniensia Analecta 231. Leuven: Peeters.
- 2014. Passports to Eternity: Formulaic Demotic Funerary Texts and the Final Phase of Egyptian Funerary Literature in Roman Egypt. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Chicago, 2014.
- 2014. Co-Authored with Scott Branting and Jack Green. Digging through Data at the Oriental Institute.
- 2013. Provisioning the Temple of the Muses: Expanding Capacity in the Research Archives through Compact Storage Installation
- 2013. Fulfilling Breasted's Vision: The Oriental Institute Integrated Database Project. Co- Authored with Scott Branting and Jack Green.
- 2012. The Role of Birds within the Religious Landscape of Ancient Egypt
- 2009. Is That a Rhetorical Question? Shipwrecked Sailor (pHermitage 1115), 150 Reconsidered
- 2009. Rereading the 7th Count of Snefru in the Palermo Stone
- 2009. Magical Bricks in the Oriental Institute Museum of the University of Chicago
- 2009. Accounting for Life in Ptolemaic and Roman Thebes: Online Access to Ancient Archives (with Jackie Jay)
- 2009. A Feast of Knowledge: Libraries and Archives, Past and Present. A James Henry Breasted Society Event
- 2009. Oriental Institute Museum Collection Highlights: Magical Bricks from Ancient Egypt
- 2008. Statements of Identity and the m of Predication
- 2008. Recovering the Lost Story of the Rise of Man: The Research Archives of the Oriental Institute
- 2018–2019 Individual Research
- 2017–2018 Individual Research
- 2016–2017 Individual Research
- 2015–2016 Individual Research
- 2014–2015 Individual Research