Skip to main content
Skip to internal navigation
Individual Scholarship - Foy Scalf
- 2017 Book of the Dead: Becoming God in Ancient Egypt. Oriental Institute News & Notes 235 (2017), 4-11.
- 2017 (Editor). Book of the Dead: Becoming God in Ancient Egypt. Oriental Institute Museum Publications 39. Chicago: Oriental Institute, 2017.
- 2017 What is the Book of the Dead? In Foy Scalf (ed.). Book of the Dead: Becoming God in Ancient Egypt. Oriental Institute Museum Publications 39. Chicago: Oriental Institute, 2017, 21-27.
- 2016 Managing Our Past for the Future. Co-Authored with Anne Flannery. Oriental Institute News & Notes 228 (2016), 10-13.
- 2015 From the Beginning to the End: How to Generate and Transmit Funerary Texts in Ancient Egypt. Journal of Ancient Near Eastern Religions 15:2 (2015), 202-223.
- 2015 Resurrecting an Ibis Cult: A Collection of Demotic Votive Texts from the Oriental Institute Museum of the University of Chicago. In Fayza Haikal (ed.). Mélanges offerts à Ola el-Aguizy. Bibliothèque d’Étude 164. Cairo: Institut Français d’Archéologie Orientale, 2015, 361-388.
- 2014 Oriental Institute Demotic Ostraca Online (OIDOO): Mergin Text Publication and Research Tools. Co-Authored with Jackie Jay. In Mark Depauw and Yanne Broux, Yanne (eds). Acts of the Tenth International Congress of Demotic Studies: Leuven, 26-30 August 2008. OLA 231. Leuven: Peeters, 2014, 243-261.
- 2014 Passports to Eternity: Formulaic Demotic Funerary Texts and the Final Phase of Egyptian Funerary Literature in Roman Egypt. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Chicago, 2014.
- 2014 Digging through Data at the Oriental Institute. Co-Authored with Scott Branting and Jack Green.
- 2013 Provisioning the Temple of the Muses: Expanding Capacity in the Research Archives through Compact Storage Installation
- 2013 Fulfilling Breasted's Vision: The Oriental Institute Integrated Database Project. Co- Authored with Scott Branting and Jack Green.
- 2012 The Role of Birds within the Religious Landscape of Ancient Egypt
- 2009 Is That a Rhetorical Question? Shipwrecked Sailor (pHermitage 1115), 150 Reconsidered
- 2009 Rereading the 7th Count of Snefru in the Palermo Stone
- 2009 Magical Bricks in the Oriental Institute Museum of the University of Chicago
- 2009 Accounting for Life in Ptolemaic and Roman Thebes: Online Access to Ancient Archives (with Jackie Jay)
- 2009 A Feast of Knowledge: Libraries and Archives, Past and Present. A James Henry Breasted Society Event
- 2009 Oriental Institute Museum Collection Highlights: Magical Bricks from Ancient Egypt
- 2008 Statements of Identity and the m of Predication
- 2008 Recovering the Lost Story of the Rise of Man: The Research Archives of the Oriental Institute