Skip to main content
Skip to internal navigation
Nippur - Sacred City Of Enlil
SUPREME GOD OF SUMER AND AKKAD
LIST OF FIGURES
- Figure. 1 Map of ancient Mesopotamia.
- Figure. 2 Plan of Nippur, with excavation areas indicated. Tablet Hill is the mound with Trenches TA, TB, and TC.
- Figure. 3 Photograph of Ekur, the ziggurat of Enlil at Nippur.
- Figure. 4 Photograph of WA, with niched-and buttressed outer walls of sequence of temples in background, sand dune above.
- Figure. 5 Plan of remnant of Kassite governor's palace, 13th Century B.C.
- Figure 6 Air photograph of Nippur, with ziggurat at right center, city wall visible as dark corner at lower left and Kassite canal ("Euphrates") farther left.
- Figure 7 Ancient map of Nippur, Kassite period (courtesy Hilprecht Sammlung, Jena).
- Figure 8 Overlay of ancient Nippur map on modern topographic plan of site Lack of exact fit is created by inaccuracies in angles on ancient map (Drawing by Augusta McMahon).
- Figure. 9 Photograph of temple in Area WA, 1990. Kassite level.
- Figure. 10 Figurine of dog from WA temple.
- Figure. 11 Figurine of person in pain, from WA temple.
- Figure. 12 Figurine of person in pain, from WA temple.