Uch Tepe I: Tell Razuk, Tell Ahmed Al-Mughir, Tell Ajamat.
McG. Gibson, ed.
This volume is the first of three (projected) final reports on the joint expedition of the Oriental Institute and the University of Copenhagen in the Hamrin Salvage project of Iraq. The main focus is on the Early Dynastic I round fortress of Uch Tepe. It includes detailed discussions of the stratigraphy, pottery, and lithics. Important sections on the geography, land use, and history of the Hamrin valley have set the parameters for discussion of the area. There are short reports on two other tells excavated by the expedition, complete with an important discussion of the pottery of the second and third millennium b.c.
- Uch Tepe I: Tell Razuk, Tell Ahmed Al-Mughir, Tell Ajamat
- Chicago: The Oriental Institute, 1981
- ISBN: 978-0-91-898634-4
- Pp. xi + 197, 9 figures, 8 level/locus summaries, 116 plates, 27 tables
- Paperback9 x 11.75 in / 23 x 30 cm
- Contributors and Contributions:
- McG. Gibson “Introduction”
- McG. Gibson “Geographical and Historical Background”
- McG. Gibson, J. C. Sanders, and B. Mortensen “Tell Razuk. Stratigraphy, Architecture, Finds”
- I. Thuesen “The Chipped Stone Industry of Tell Razuk”
- I. Thuesen “Early Dynastic Pottery from Tell Razuk”
- J. Eidem “Tell Ahmed al-Mughir”
- J. A. Armstrong “Tell Ajamat”
- J. A. Armstrong “Pottery from Tell Ahmed al-Mughir and Tell Ajamat”
- McG. Gibson “A Summation”
- P. Steinkeller. Appendix I “Early History of the Hamrin Basin in the Light of Textual Evidence”
- -. Appendix II “Concordance of Loci, Squares, and Levels at Razuk”
- -. Appendix III “List of Razuk Burials by Locus and Date”
- -. Appendix IV “Concordance of Catalogue Numbers and Razuk Levels or Other Findspots”
- O. Pedersen “Catalogue of Objects”