Uch Tepe II: Technical Reports.
McG. Gibson, ed.
This volume is the second of three (projected) final reports on the joint expedition of the Oriental Institute and the Carsten Niebuhr Institute in the Hamrin Salvage project of Iraq. The technical reports consist of neutron activation and chemical studies on pottery, mudbrick, and other materials, as well as a discussion of the function of the Round Building at Razuk, relying on stratigraphy, architecture, and distribution of faunal material.
- Uch Tepe II: Technical Reports
- Chicago: The Oriental Institute, 1990
- ISBN 0-918986-61-3
- Pp. 140, 69 figures, 5 plates, 38 tables
- Paperbound 8.25 x 11.75 in / 21 x 30 cm
- Contributors and Contributions:
- McG. Gibson and M. T. Larsen “Foreword”
- I. Thuesen “Introduction to the Technological Analysis of Early Dynastic Pottery from Tell Razuk and the Diyala Region”
- E. Makovicky and I. Thuesen “Paint and Paste Studies on Selected Pottery Sherds from Tell Razuk, Iraq”
- I. Thuesen and K. Heydorn “Instrumental Neutron Activation Analysis of ED I-II Pottery from the Diyala Region and Farukhabad”
- R. F. Scholl and D. H. Campbell “Analysis of a Plano-convex Mudbrick from the Round Building at Razuk”
- R. J. Baer “The Round Building at Razuk: A Structural Analysis”
- McG. Gibson “Remarks on the Round Building”
- McG. Gibson “Differential Distribution of Faunal Material at Razuk”
- Appendix A “Catalogue of Analyzed Pottery Samples and Plates”
- J. Boessneck. Appendix B “Complete List of Faunal Specimens from Uch Tepe”