The Excavation of Medinet Habu, Volume 2: The Temples of the Eighteenth Dynasty
By Uvo Hölscher
Medinet Habu, the "Town of Habu," is the Arabic designation for a late Egyptian settlement which grew up within and in front of the fortified mortuary temple of Ramesses III and flourished until medieval times. The present volume deals with the structures which preceded the Ramessid period. These comprise, aside from modest village settlements, two temples of the Eighteenth Dynasty, namely the so-called 'Small Temple' of Medinet Habu and the mortuary temple of Aye and Hormheb.
- Oriental Institute Publications 41
- Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1939
- Pp. xvii + 123; 3 tables, 96 figures, 58 plates
- Out of Print