ORIENTAL INSTITUTE ELECTRONIC PUBLICATIONS
Oriental Institute Publications Available In Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF)
Starting in 2005, the Oriental Institute is committed to digitizing all of its publications and making them available online, without charge. The minimum for each volume, old and new, current and forthcoming, will be a Portable Document Format (PDF) version following current resolution standards. New publications will appear online at or near the same time they appear in print. Older publications will be processed as time and funding permits.
The Chicago Assyrian Dictionary (CAD)
- The Assyrian Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, Volume L, A. Leo Oppenheim et al., eds
- The Assyrian Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, Volume T, Erica Reiner, Editor-In-Charge
- The Assyrian Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, Volume Tet, Martha T. Roth, Editor-In-Charge
The Chicago Demotic Dictionary (CDD)
- CDD. The Demotic Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, Janet H. Johnson, editor
The Chicago Hittite Dictionary (CHD)
- The Hittite Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, Volume P, edited by Hans G. Güterbock and Harry A. Hoffner
- The Hittite Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, Volume S, Fascicle 1, sa- to saptamenzu. Edited by Hans G. Güterbock, Harry A. Hoffner, and Theo P. J. van den Hout
- The Hittite Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, Volume S, Fascicle 2, saptamenzu to si. Edited by Hans G. Güterbock, Harry A. Hoffner, and Theo P. J. van den Hout
The Electronic Chicago Hittite Dictionary (e-CHD)
Oriental Institute Communications (OIC)
- OIC 29. Catalog of Demotic Texts in the Brooklyn Museum George R. Hughes, with contributions by Brian P. Muhs and Steve Vinson
Oriental Institute Museum Publications (OIMP)
- OIMP 26. Daily Life Ornamented: The Medieval Persian City of Rayy. Tanya Treptow, with the collaboration of Donald Whitcomb.
- OIMP 25: Embroidering Identities: A Century of Palestinian Clothing. Iman Saca, in collaboration with Maha Saca
- OIMP 24. Lost Nubia: A Centennial Exhibit of Photographs from the 1905-1907 Egyptian Expedition of the University of Chicago. John A. Larson
Oriental Institute Publications (OIP)
- OIP 132: The Egyptian Coffin Texts, Volume 8. Middle Kingdom Copies of Pyramid Texts. James P. Allen.
- OIP 131. The Amuq Valley Regional Projects, Volume 1 – Surveys in the Plain of Antioch and Orontes Delta, Turkey, 1995-2002 Kutlu Aslihan Yener, with chapters by Stephen Batiuk, Aaron A. Burke, Jesse J. Casana, Amy Rebecca Gansell,Timothy P. Harrison, Hatice Pamir, Laurence Pavlish, Tony J. Wilkinson, and Kutlu Aslihan Yener, with contribution by Robert K. Ritner.
- OIP 129. Nippur V: The Area WF Sounding: The Early Dynastic to Akkadian Transition. Augusta McMahon, with contributions by Pamela Vandiver and David Reese.
- OIP 127. Megiddo 3. Final Report on the Stratum VI Excavations Timothy P. Harrison
- OIP 126. Tax Receipts, Taxpayers, and Taxes in Early Ptolemaic Thebes Brian P. Muhs
- OIP 125: Excavations at Tell es-Sweyhat, Syria, Volume 2: Archaeology of the Bronze Age, Hellenistic, and Roman Remains at an Ancient Town on the Euphrates River, Thomas A. Holland
- OIP 125: Excavations at Tell es-Sweyhat, Syria, Volume 2, Part 2: Figures And Plates, Thomas A. Holland
- OIP 125: Excavations at Tell es-Sweyhat, Syria, Volume 2, Part 2: Pocket Plan 1, Thomas A. Holland
- OIP 125: Excavations at Tell es-Sweyhat, Syria, Volume 2, Part 2: Pocket Plan 2, Thomas A. Holland
- OIP 125: Excavations at Tell es-Sweyhat, Syria, Volume 2, Part 2: Pocket Plan 3, Thomas A. Holland
- OIP 124. Excavations at Tell Es-Sweyhat, Syria, Volume 1: On the Margin of the Euphrates: Settlement and Land Use at Tell Es-Sweyhat and in the Upper Lake Assad Area, Syria. Tony J. Wilkinson, with contributions by Naomi F. Miller, Clemens D. Reichel, and Donald Whitcomb.
- OIP 123. Temple of Khonsu, Volume 3. The Graffiti on the Khonsu Temple Roof at Karnak: A Manifestation of Personal Piety Helen Jacquet-Gordon
- OIP 122. Neo-Babylonian Texts in the Oriental Institute Collection D. B. Weisberg
- OIP 121. Cuneiform Texts from the Ur III Period in the Oriental Institute, Volume 2. Drehem Administrative Documents from the Reign of Amar-Suena Markus Hilgert
- OIP 120. Excavations at the Prehistoric Mound of Chogha Bonut, Khuzestan, Iran, Seasons 1976/77, 1977/78, and 1996 Abbas Alizadeh
- OIP 119. Theban Desert Road Survey in the Egyptian Western Desert, Volume 1. Gebel Tjauti Rock Inscriptions 1–45 and Wadi el-Hôl Rock Inscriptions 1–45 John C. Darnell
- OIP 118. Scarabs, Scaraboids, Seals, and Seal Impressions from Medinet Habu Emily Teeter
- OIP 117. Seals on the Persepolis Fortification Tablets, Volume 1. Images of Heroic Encounter (Two Volumes, Part 1: Text and Part 2: Plates) Mark B. Garrison and Margaret C. Root
- OIP 102: The Tomb of Kheruef: Theban Tomb 192, The Epigraphic Survey, The Oriental Institute Of The University of Chicago
- OIP 92: Persepolis Fortification Tablets, Richard T. Hallock
- OIP 63: Pottery from the Diyala Region. Pinhas Delougaz.
- OIP 42: Megiddo 1. Seasons of 1925-34: Strata I-V. Robert S. Lamon and Geoffrey M. Shipton.
- OIP 21: The Excavation of Medinet Habu, Volume 1: General Plans and Views. Uvo Hölscher, with Foreword by J. H. Breasted.
Oriental Institute Seminars (OIS)
- OIS 2. Margins of Writing, Origins of Cultures. Seth L. Sanders, editor. With contributions by Seth L. Sanders, John Kelly, Gonzalo Rubio, Jacco Dieleman, Jerrold Cooper, Christopher Woods, Annick Payne, William Schniedewind, Michael Silverstein-, Piotr Michalowski, Paul-Alain Beaulieu, Theo van den Hout, Paul Zimansky, Sheldon Pollock, and Peter Machinist.
- OIS 1. Changing Social Identity with the Spread of Islam: Archaeological Perspectives. Donald Whitcomb, editor, with Case Studies by Jodi Magness, Tracy Hoffman, Yury Karev, Mark C. Horton, and Timothy Insoll.
Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization (SAOC)
- SAOC 61. Sacred Space and Sacred Function in Ancient Thebes. Peter F. Dorman and Betsy M. Bryan, editors, with contributions by Mohammed el-Bialy, Martina Ullmann, Dimitri Laboury, Silke Grallert, Peter Brand, J. Brett McClain, Harold M. Hays and William Schenck, Catharine H. Roehrig, Boyo G. Ockinga, Heike Behlmer, and Kees van der Spek.
- SAOC 59. Studies in the Archaeology of Israel and Neighboring Lands in Memory of Douglas L. Esse, Samuel R. Wolff
- SAOC 51. Life in a Multi-Cultural Society: Egypt from Cambyses to Constantine and Beyond. Janet H. Johnson, editor
- SAOC 45. Thus Wrote 'Onchsheshonqy - An Introductory Grammar of Demotic (Third Edition), Janet H. Johnson
- SAOC 38. The Demotic Verbal System, Janet H. Johnson
Revised: April 6, 2009