Work in the gift shop, assist customers with purchases, operate cash register and process credit card payments. Provide explanation and assistance for audio tours on iPods, and answer general questions. Help with stocking and inventory audits.
Gift Shop Volunteers…
- Have excellent people skills
- Have positive attitudes, are enthusiastic and engaging individuals
- Serve as Oriental Institute Ambassadors
- Learn how to work cash register and process credit card payments
- Submit online application
- Participate in an on-site interview
- Complete background check
- Email and web access required — will use web-based volunteer scheduling software Volgistics to record hours worked
- Have a positive attitude and adhere to the Oriental Institute policies, procedures, and guest-service standards
- Work a three-hour shift weekly or bi-weekly, during museum operating hours.
- Volunteers are highly encouraged to attend the monthly business meetings and ongoing docent training. These training opportunities keep your knowledge up-to-date regarding the Oriental Institute projects and ongoing digs. This will help you feel confident in answering visitors’ questions and provide excellent public service.